Attendance InformationUPDATE: We can now accept parent/guardian notes via email to email@example.com.
Reporting Student Absences:
- Do Not Call if your student is out for a day or two.
- An absence note must be filled out by a parent or guardian, signed, and returned to the Attendance Office within 72 hours of returning to campus. Please include the first and last name of the student, school ID number, grade level, date(s) of absence, parent signature including a phone number and a brief statement providing the reason for the absence.
If your student needs to leave during the school day:
- We cannot release a student from campus without either a note OR the parent/emergency contact(s) signing the student out. Please be prepared to come into the school to sign your student out.
- Students are NOT to leave campus during school hours without expressed written permission from a parent or guardian.
- Written notes to leave campus during school hours (i.e. Dentist, Doctor, Court Appointments, Driver’s License) should be turned in to the Attendance Office to receive a dismissal pass.
- The student needs to bring the note to the Attendance Office in the morning so a dismissal pass can be given.
- The student must come to the Attendance Office to sign out before leaving the building.
Parents picking up students from school:
- Parents must come in to the Attendance Office to sign out your student.
- The parent/guardian must show their Driver’s License, Passport or State Issued Identification to pick up their student. These procedures are in place for the safety of our students.
- Signing out your student is not a written excuse for an absence. A note must be submitted.
- Only the individuals listed on the registration paperwork, will be allowed to take a student off campus. Please make sure you have everyone listed on your contact information that you want to be able to pick up your student. (See update contact information in the Registrars tab). ID’s are required.
Check your HOME ACCESS CENTER daily regarding your student’s attendance, grades and homework assignments. IF YOU RECEIVE AN AUTOMATED PHONE CALL IN ERROR, contact the attendance office.
Texas Education Code 25.085(b) states: A child who is at least six years of age and has previously been enrolled in first grade, or who has not yet reached the child’s 19th birthday shall attend school. A person who voluntarily enrolls in school or voluntary attends school after the person’s 19th birthday shall attend school each school day for the entire period the program of instruction is offered.
Texas Education Code 25.085(c) states: Upon enrollment in a prekindergarten or kindergarten program, a child shall attend school.
Family Code Section 65.003 states: A child engages in Truant Conduct if the child is required to attend school under Section 25.085, Education Code, and fails to attend school on 10 or more days or parts of days within a six-month period in the same school year.
It is the parent’s duty to monitor the student’s school attendance and require the student to attend school.