Rodriguez Middle School is committed to developing a technologically relevant and engaging learning environment for all students by providing them with the opportunity to develop the resource sharing, innovation, communication skills and tools that are essential to both life and work in the 21 century.
Students are encouraged to BYOD (Bring your own device) at RMS. The device can be any piece of technology allows students to access the internet through the Denton ISD WiFi. Suggestions for devices include:
- Smart phones
Please note: Old smart phones without a calling plan will work as long as they can connect to WiFi.
Teachers and students will use web-based applications to enhance student learning and collaboration. All apps and websites will be free for students to load and use. A starting list of apps and websites that students will use at Rodriguez are below. Connect with Rodriguez Middle School on Facebook and Twitter where we will also highlight new apps being used at RMS!
Apps and websites recommended for RMS students:
- Google Drive - Every Denton ISD student will have a Google Drive account, which they will use to access all Google apps. Students who do not know how to access Google Drive or are new to Denton ISD will be provided that information when school starts.
- Google Classroom - A web-based learning platform that allows teachers to electronically create classes, communicate information, distribute assignments, and send feedback in one central place.
- Google Docs - An online word processor that lets users create text documents and collaborate with others in real time.
- Google Sheets - An app that lets users create and modify spreadsheets, collaborate with others, and share data online.
- Google Slides - An online presentation app that lets users create, edit and present work.
- Kahoot - A game-based learning platform used for quizzes.
- Padlet - A virtual wall of sticky notes for classroom discussions.
- QR Scanner - Any QR scanner will work.