Calhoun Middle School709 Congress
Denton, TX 76201-4011
940-369-2400 FAX 369-4939
Head of School: Paul Martinez Deputy Head of School: Joy Faulks, John Milmo, Rachel Brown Counselors: School Nurse: Valarie Waits School Hours: 8:15 a.m. to 3:35 p.m. Enrollment: 729 School Colors: Orange & White Mascot: CougarDirections to school:Starting from:
The Historical Denton County Courthouse
110 W. Hickory
Denton, TX 76201Directions (Miles)
1 Start on W. HICKORY ST. (0.0)
2 Turn Left on N. LOCUST ST. (0.3)
3. Turn Left on W. CONGRESS ST. (0.4)Distance: 0.7 miles Approximate Travel Time: 10 minutesSchool and Student Achievements:
Main Campus Programs:
- Implementation of a Standardized Dress Code in 2003-2004 School Year
- Implementation of Calhoun Patriot Program
- 6th Grade students Send Care Packages to troops in Iraq
- Placed 2nd in District UIL Academic Competition for Two years
- School Accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Outstanding Athletic & Fine Arts Programs
Parent Involvement Opportunities:
- Calhoun offers a wide range of classes
- Advanced math, Algebra I, Geometry, Pre AP/Enhanced classes in Math, History, English, and Science for 7 & 8 graders.
- Calhoun offers gifted and accelerated classes for students with exceptional ability. We offer EXPO classes for students in 6,7, & 8 grades.
- Calhoun offers remedial and special education programs for students with special needs.
- Elective classes are offered in fine arts such as Band, Choir, Orchestra, and Theater Arts. In addition, we offer Spanish, Career Investigations, Art, Technology Applications, Advanced technology classes, keyboarding, and athletics.
- We have five computer labs for student use on campus.
Each classroom is also equipped with several computers.
- Mentor Program
- Tutoring Program
- Volunteer Program
- Calhoun Cougar Day Festivities
- Open House
- Campus Leadership Team
- Annual Book Fair
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Multicultural Celebrations: Black History Month & Cinco De Mayo