Meet the Principal,Mrs. Nicole PooleWelcome to the 2017-2018 school year at WS Ryan Elementary! I am honored to serve as your Principal. This is my 6th year as an administrator, and my 19th year as an educator.Here are some of my educational and professional highlights:
- I was the Assistant Principal at McNair Elementary in Denton I.S.D. for 3 years before coming to WS Ryan, and was the Assistant Principal at WS Ryan for the 2015-2016 school year prior to becoming the principal of this amazing school.
- I taught 2nd & 3rd grades in Fort Lauderdale, FL, Duncanville, TX, and both Ginnings and McNair Elementary Schools in Denton I.S.D.
- Prior to teaching, I spent 8 years as a Social Worker in Florida, specializing in child welfare and behavior management.
- I received my B.A. degree from Jacksonville University, my M.Ed. from Florida Atlantic University, and my Principal's Certification from the University of North Texas.
I was born & raised in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. My husband, Keith, works for Southwest Airlines, which is why we moved to Texas in 2000. We have two sons; Jake is a junior at Texas Tech University (Wreck 'em, Tech!), and Logan is a sophomore at Guyer High School. Our boys have always been in sports non-stop, so we spend most of our time at football and baseball games. We also love cheering for our two favorite MLB teams - the Detroit Tigers and the Texas Rangers (in that order). When we're not at sporting events, we love traveling anywhere we can find roller coasters, beaches, snorkeling, parasailing, river rafting, mountain hiking.....or just enjoying quiet nature at our favorite lake in Michigan.My educational philosophy is that every child can learn. Each child has individual needs, which can be met through innovative and differentiated instruction. When teachers, administrators, parents, and students work together as a learning community, the result will be successful students who grow to be 21st century lifelong learners!We are entering our second year of our campus STEM journey. What is STEM? Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math! We have created a plan of implementation, starting with staff development for our teachers, extra-curricular activities for students (such as our Green Team, Yearbook club, and Girls' Coding Club), and design challenges for students throughout the year. STEM will eventually be integrated into all subject areas for all grade levels throughout each day, emphasizing engaging learning skills, such as creativity, investigation, innovation, and collaboration. This journey will enable students to discover their talents, and open new doors of learning and opportunity for them.I look forward to getting to know all of you, being in the classrooms watching authentic learning take place, and helping lead our school to create an engaging environment and foster high levels of academic achievement. We look forward to seeing our returning families and meeting our new families!I am available to help you throughout the year. Always contact your child's teacher first with any concerns you may have. You can contact me at 940-369-4600 and at email@example.com . Please take a moment to browse our school's website and take a look at the great things happening at WS Ryan, along with our programs and procedures. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @WSRyan_DISD and on Facebook at WS Ryan Elementary (www.facebook.com/WSRyanElementary) .Luau, Oahu, Hawaii, June 2011 Texas Tech move-in August 2015
- I was named McNair's 2007 Teacher of the Year.