THANK YOU FOR VISITING MRS. MAYS' PAGE....
I am very excited to be starting my 9th year at E.P. Rayzor. I look forward to working with each and every student. I know we will have a wonderful year!
OUR GOALS FOR PHYSICAL EDUCATION CLASSES:
E.P. Rayzor is designed to promote student's physical, social, and emotional well-being through participation in a moderate to vigorous physical activity (MVPA) program. Our primary focus is to provide quality physical education in which the students engage in maximum amounts of enjoyable MVPA during class time.
Moderate to vigorous physical activity is best achieved through activities in which students run, jump, dance, and move their whole bodies. These activities give students the opportunity to practice and use their general movement skills and work on becoming physically fit.
Engage all students in a MVPA program based on physical education TEKS. Students will acquire knowledge, participate in enjoyable physical activity, develop skills, portray positive attitudes and behaviors, and develop life-long skills in order to establish a physically active lifestyle.
1. Engage all students in MVPA during class time.
2. Use appropriate and effective class management and instructional methods to involve every student.
3. Adopt healthy personal behaviors and be an active and enthusiastic role model for students.
4. Encourage students to be active.
1. Experience enjoyable physical activity.
2. Acquire knowledge and skills necessary to build a foundation to stimulate a physically active lifestyle.
3. Always be positive and give your best.
1. Encourage students to be physically active in and out of school.
2. Help students explore available physical and recreational activity opportunities.
3. Provide students with physical activity opportunities outside of the school setting.
4. Play an active role in your child's physical, emotional, and social well-being.
We are here for our students and our community. Please feel free to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.
Thank you for visiting!