The Harpool Library is the of the school. Students will visit the library every two weeks in their Reading or EXPO class. Students are also welcome to come with on a pass from any of their teachers any time they need to come and take care of library business, have a desire to study a topic further, or just need a quiet place to read or study. Student ID's are also purchased and printed at the library front desk.
Resources Available & Checkout Policy:
- Books - For most students, 2 books are recommended, with a maximum of 4 books allowed for checkout. The checkout period is two weeks.
- Magazines - Current magazine issues are available for reading in the library. Past issues can be checked out for a 2 days.
- Reference Books - Reference books are great for research and extended learning and are typically used while students are in the library. On occasion, students may ask special permission to check out a reference books for a school project, research, or assignment if no other resources are available.
- Databases - Students have access to many great databases to extend and learning and assist with school assignments, even from home! Remember to cite your sources!
Middle School ID's and Supplies:
- Our library is the place for ID's! ID's are issued on all Denton ISD secondary campuses. At Harpool, students are expected to have ID's with them at all times while at school.
- Each student purchases two ID's at the beginning of the school year as contained in the campus starter pack. The starter packs can be purchased in the administration office. The first ID is given during the first few days of school and the second ID remains on file at the library front desk and can be printed at the time of need for any student at their request. Once both starter pack ID's have been issued to the student, replacement ID's are $5 and can be purchased at the library front desk.
- The library also sells ID protectors/covers, lanyards, and clips.
- Two-for-2 Winter ID Special: During the last week before Winter Break, Harpool holds its annual Two-for-2 ID sale. A student is able to purchase two ID's for $2--these ID's are printed for the student at the time of need in the library.