Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science (Interdisciplinary Studies) University of North Texas
Certified by the State of Texas: Generalist Grades 4-8
I grew up in Richardson, TX, and graduated from Richardson High School with honors. I was in choir, and the captain of my swim team and water polo team. I have one brother who lives in Denver, Colorado and a step brother who lives in California.
I taught swimming lessons for 6 years, working with 6 month old babies, all the way up to 16 year olds. Swimming lessons was what helped me realize how much I love to teach!
There were always lots of pets in my house growing up, starting with my anole Larry (a small lizard), my guinea pig Marshmallow (because he was an albino), many cats and dogs, an albino corn snake, and two parakeets. Now I just have one adorable cat, Roxy.
What I love:
- I love spending time with my friends and my family
- I have always enjoyed reading
- Learning about different places and cultures: my step mother and step brother are from China, so I have been to visit, and hope to go again very soon. I have also been to England, Canada and the Bahamas. Who knows where I'll go next?
- Music: listening to it and singing it too (If you see me in my car, I'll probably be singing along with the radio)
- Spending time outside and learning new things everyday about the amazing natural world around us that we so often take for granted