Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science - Texas A&M University Master of Science - Texas A&M University English Language Arts and Reading - Grades 4-8 Social Studies - Grades 8-12 English as a Second Language Supplemental - Grades 4-12 Secondary English - Grades 6-12 Secondary History - Grades 6-12 Secondary English Language Arts - Grades 6-12
Mr. Michael Guynes
Conference Time: 10:54-11:41
Tutoring Schedule - Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:45 to 8:10
6th Grade English Teacher
Years of Experience - 19
I care about students and am passionate about teaching. During my years as a teacher, I have taught a class at every grade level between 6th and 12th grade except 10th grade. This is my 9th year here at Harpool. I enjoy using technology, cooperative learning activities and projects in my teaching.
Philosophy of Education:
I believe education is the key to the future. I believe in challenging students to achieve their goals, develop strong character and to strive for excellence in all that they do.
Accomplishments or Personal Information –
Hobbies, Family info, etc.
My hobbies include reading, running and cycling.
- I am married and have 3 daughters ages 11, 12 and 15
- Founder and director of a non-profit corporation for 4 years that raised money for
- charities through annual bicycle rallies.
- Attained Eagle Scout Rank and God and Country Award while in Boy Scouts.
- 2015 Texas Ironman Finisher