Advanced Placement Overview
Denton ISD Advanced Placement Program Initiative
Denton Independent School District strives to:
- Ensure students quality instruction by providing effective, on-going professional development for all Advanced Placement (AP) teachers.
- Close the achievement gap by encouraging all students access to the AP program.
- Challenge students academically through rigorous and relevant coursework.
- Prepare every student for the demands of university academics by successful completion of the AP exam.
- Encouraging students to explore their individual interests by offering a diverse number of subjects available within the AP program.
- Increase student success on AP exams by hosting study sessions and practice exams that simulate the actual AP test.
- Help students to earn college credit and decrease their financial burden by succeeding on the AP exam.