Frequently Asked Questions about the ATC
Frequently Asked QuestionsDo I need to fill out an application to attend classes at the ATC?In district students are only required to complete a packet for ranking purposes for the Health Science and Cosmetology classes, other than that just select one of our courses on your course selection sheet. Out of district students do need to complete a packet which can be obtained from your high school counselor.
Where do I go on the first day of school?
Students are expected to go to their home campus to pick up schedules and watch a presentation about the expectations. They will then be transported by bus to the ATC. They must have a parking pass from their Home Campus to drive the first week of school.
Is there transportation from my Campus?
If you are a BHS, RHS, DHS or GHS student, bus transportation will be provided to and from each high school. Morning class students will need to make arrangements to arrive at the high school to be bussed to that ATC before school starts or can be dropped off at the ATC as early as 7:30 a.m. Please check with your home campus for morning departure times.
If you are an out-of-district High School, please check with your school district to see if they will provide transportation.
Are there fees associated with the class?
Yes, most classes have a class fee to buy supplies, uniforms, and safety wear.
- Course fees (except Cosmetology) are due the first week of school.
- Cosmetology course fees are due before school begins (contact your instructor for the exact date).
- Students will be measured for their uniform during the first week of school.
What is the ATC Bell Schedule?
- Morning Session - 8:20-11:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Session - 12:20-2:45 p.m.
What is the dress code for the ATC?
The ATC dress code is strictly enforced. Students are not allowed to wear the following items:
- Jeans with holes or ragged edges
- Leggings, Jeggings or yoga pants
- ID must be worn at all times. Replacement ID’s are $3
- Clothing that is torn or has holes is not allowed on the ATC campus. Students will be asked to change before returning to class
- Students must take a written note to the office to be allowed to leave early.
- Attendance office will call and verify with a parent that note is authentic.
- Students not signing out appropriately will result in disciplinary action.