I look forward to a wonderful 2017-2018 school year! I am originally from Pickerington, Ohio. I graduated from Brigham Young University where I received a Bachelor's of Science degree in Special Education and was a member of the softball program. I firmly believe that relationships define who we are and what we become. With this sole belief, I made the decision to pursue a career in education and coaching 6 years ago. It is my hope that one day the students, professionals, and friends that I have supported and influenced can look back and trace their successes to our relationship, or a personal strength that I helped them identify and develop.
Throughout my life I have been blessed with a number of valuable experiences that have shaped the professional that I have become and the passions that drive me:
- Head Softball Coach at Denton High School
- Academic Coach for student-athletes at UNT
- Support Coordinator for at-risk students at the College of Charleston
- Head Softball Coach at Robert E. Lee HS in Tyler, TX
- Academic Mentor and Tutor for at-risk student-athletes at The Ohio State University
- NCAA Division I softball player at Brigham Young University
At Denton High, I teach English III. In my spare time, I love to watch football, play tennis, attend sporting events, and hang out with my friends and family. I am also currently working on my Master's of Sports Administration degree from Ohio University's College of Business.