Board President, Trustee since 2001
Mia Price brings enthusiasm and a “can-do” attitude to the board. She was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and received her bachelor’s degree in medical technology from Louisiana State University. Mrs. Price has lived in Denton ISD for more than 30 years. She is a homemaker who also serves as financial manager for her husband’s medical office.
Mrs. Price’s medical background and experience allows her to bring a multi-layered perspective to the board – as parent and advocate. She has four children, all Denton High School graduates: Lindsay, a project manager at Homeaway.com; Dylan, a recent graduate of St. Mary’s School of Law; Drew, a networking engineer for AmpThink; and Ben, a technical writer for Texas Instruments.
Insights and Contributions
Mrs. Price has served as board president and, since her initial election in 2001, has also served as vice president and secretary. She served as treasurer of the North Texas Area Association of School Boards for two years and is currently serving as a member of the TASB Legislative Advisory Council.
Mrs. Price values effective communication with the community and fellow board members and dedicates a great deal of her time interacting with the Denton ISD community. She spends a lot of time across the district reading to preschoolers and is also the Kiwanis Builders Club sponsor at Bettye Myers Middle School. Through her appointment to the Texas Medical Association Committee on Child and Adolescent Health, she works with physicians across the state to address the health issues impacting the youth of Texas.
Mrs. Price is actively involved in addressing the government in regard to issues that concern Denton ISD. Through her position on the TexPac Board, she meets regularly with the state legislators on medical issues and other matters affecting Denton ISD students and staff. She also has participated in Leadership TASB with her project team specializing in legislation. She continues to advocate and encourage state lawmakers to pass bills supported by the Denton ISD community. Mrs. Price has achieved Master Trustee status from TASB.
- Ambassador of Make Education a Priority
- Graduate of Leadership Denton
- Texas Medical Association - Committee on Child and Adolescent Health
- Texas Medical Association Alliance – Past President
- Denton County Medical Society Alliance – Past President
- Denton Benefit League
- Denton Ariel Club – Past President of Varied Study Department
- Denton Kiwanis – Board of Directors
- Graduate of Leadership TASB
- North Texas Area Association of School Boards – Past Treasurer
- St. Mark's Apple Tree Project Chair
- Legislative Adivsory Council, Texas Association of School Boards