About the Library
Who works in the library?
Library Media Specialist – Michelle Heidrich
Library Assistant – Rebecca Brushingham
Library Hours: 7:40am – 2:50pm for students
7:25am - 3:35pm for teachers
Open Checkout: 7:40-11:15, 12:10-2:50 (Closed for lunch/planning 11:15-12:10)
All items are checked out in the borrower’s name and may be taken home unless otherwise noted.
- Kindergarten – 1 book for 1 week; Book stays in the classroom
- 1st Grade – 1 book for 1 week first semester, 2 books for 1 week 2nd semester
- 2nd Grade - 2 books for 1 week
- 3rd Grade - 2 books for 2 weeks
- 4th and 5th Grade - 2 books and a magazine for 2 weeks
Items may be renewed a maximum of two times. The item must be present in the library to be renewed.
Overdue and Lost Books
There are no fines for overdue books. Students are required to return books by the due date. The longer a book is kept the more likely it will be lost. Teachers and students will receive overdue notices at the end of each six weeks for items that are overdue. Lost books as well as damaged books are the responsibility of the students and their parents. If a book is lost or damaged contact the librarian for the cost of the item. No other items can be checked out or renewed with the lost item being paid for or returned.