Requirements to run for Student Council:
· Must demonstrate excellent citizenship – 4th grade members must be eligible for all Business Days during the year (miss 1 – automatic probation, miss 2 – removed from the council)
· Must be a leader
· Must be approved by your current teachers
· Must be able to be at school by 7:15 on FRIDAY mornings
· Must have good school attendance
· Must be willing to speak in front of groups
· Must have some ideas of what Student Council should work on this year
In order to run you need to:
· Get the approval of your parents and classroom teachers
· Make two small posters to announce your candidacy to put up in your end of the hallway and have them approved by your classroom teacher
· Write a speech explaining why you would be the best person for the position and what ideas you have for this year’s Student Council
· Be prepared to give your speech in front of your classmates during your class election
· Candidates are not allowed to bring any campaign “treats” (candy, cookies, stickers, pens, etc.) to school during the election week. You want to be elected because you are the best person for the job, not because you gave something to your classmates.
Once all the candidates in your class have delivered their speeches, your class will hold an election to vote for TWO classroom representatives. Elections must be completed by September 22.
Please be aware that Student Council meets on FRIDAY mornings before school. You must be able to be at school by 7:15 on FRIDAY mornings. Excused absences for Student Council include: being a student ambassador that week, a late arrival due to a doctor or dentist appointment, and illness. The first Student Council meeting for the year will be Friday, September 29 at 7:15 am in the EXPO room!
Good luck to each of you!Mrs. Boswell, Ms. Reimers, and Mrs. WellsStudent Council Sponsors