General Information about EXPO Classes
EXPO Classes - Hawk EXPO students in grades 1 through 5 receive 3 hours of services per week. Students in 1st and 2nd grades will be pulled out of their regular classroom three times a week for an hour each time. Students in 3rd - 5th grades will be pulled out of their regular classroom once a week for three hours.
All Kindergarten students who are placed into the program will begin EXPO classes in March. Kindergarten students come to EXPO once a week for a minimum of forty-five minutes.
When a child is pulled out of class to attend EXPO -
In addition, the majority of EXPO projects are completed in the EXPO classroom.
- they are not to be held responsible for any work that they miss while they were gone
- the regular classroom teacher should give the student extra time during class to get caught up and / or finish any ongoing projects or assignments that they started before EXPO class began
- new units / curriculum should NOT be introduced in the regular classroom
- tests should NOT be administered in the regular classroom
- parties / special events should NOT be scheduled in the regular classroom