Please find the required IB Screeing Session schedule for the Fall of 2017--here. The DISD transfer forms will be available from Nov. 1-Dec. 1, 2017 for students wishing to begin attending in January 2018.
Steps for transfer:
1. Attend an IB screening session with an IB Coordinator. Sign-in to document your attendance.
2. Complete the DISD transfer form between Nov. 1-Dec. 1, 2017.
3. Enroll in January 2018 for the spring semester if approved by Dr. Daniel Lopez's office.The Denton Independent School District permits transfers to Denton High School from outside the DHS attendance zone in order to allow students to participate in the prestigious International Baccalaureate Programme.Families wishing to attend Denton High School with a transfer for IB are required to attend an IB Screening Session in 2017-2018. No appointment is necessary. Please check in with our receptionist at the main, center entrance upon arrival for all 8:00 a.m. or 4:00 p.m. sessions. We will meet in the IB conference room adjacent to the receptionist. Please plan about 30 minutes for this screening session. Interested IB students should attend with their parent/guardian. If the student is not currently a DHS student, then please also bring a copy of your latest report card. DHS will provide a note for the student's home campus attendance office stating your involvement in the screening session.Students in the class of 2017 and beyond: All IB in-district and out-of-district transfer students are encouraged to enter the IB full-diploma program as a junior, and complete the program in the senior year as a full-diploma candidate (6 course plus Theory of Knowledge/IB Research). However, the minimum course enrollment requirement for all IB transfers is outlined below.Students attending Denton High on an IB transfer are required to enroll in at least:
Click here for the DISD transfer page. The transfer forms are only available online, beginning Nov. 1, 2017.
- 2 Pre-AP/IBDP classes in both 9th AND 10th grade years, AND
- 2 IB Diploma Classes in both 11th AND 12th grade years, and complete the IB assessments