1. Kindergarten begins at 7:50 a.m. Instruction begins at that time. and children are who arrive later are counted tardy. Children are not allowed in the classroom before 7:40. Please allow your child the privelege of practicing their emerging independance by dropping them off and allowing them to walk to their classrooms independently after the first week.
2. The children will be dismissed at 2:45 and will be taken to their appropriate pick-up location. Please see family handbook for pick-up guidelines. If you need to change after school pick-up for you child please call the office by 2:00p.m. or send a note that morning. We will send a child home by their normal means unless we have something in writing or a call through the office.
3. It would be very helpful if your child could bring a backpack to school each day. It is very difficult for the children to keep up with their things without something to keep them in. Please label your child's backpack with his/her name on it. An extra change of clothes in the backpack is helpful as well in case of spills or accidents.
4. Each day your child will bring home a folder. This folder will include daily behavior, important dates, special notes, as well as homework. Please initial the form and return it with your child daily.
5. On Tuesdays a blue Nelson Lions folder will be sent home with your child containing school news and other important information. Please take the papers out and return the folder on Wednesday.
6. Please label all coats, jackets, and sweaters with your child's name. Refer to the handbook for appropriate dress. It is especially important to wear proper shoes for the safety of playing on the playground. On P.E. days (Monday and Thursday), please be sure that your child is wearing the proper shoes, preferrably tennis shoes. Please, no flip-flops.
7. On occasion your child will need to bring money to school for lunch, book fairs, or other special events. Please send money in a baggie or envelope with your child's name on it and an explanation of what it is for.
8. Upon your child's return to school after an absence, a note is required within two days or the absence will be unexcused. Please refer to district guidelines to determine what absences may be excused.
9. Please do not allow your child to bring toys, jewelry, silly bands, etc. to school. These things are very distracting to others and cause problems when they are lost.
10. Please remember that if you would like to volunteer at school, you must have a background check on file with the district. this must be done EACH YEAR.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to call me and leave a message or contact me by email. Please understand that I do not respond to calls or emails during instructional time. I will contact you as soon as possible.