Rules and Important InformationThe Safety Patrol is a select group of Fourth and Fifth Graders that are committed to providing a safe school environment for all students at Olive Stephens Elementary. A Safety Patrol member should be responsible, respectful, cooperative, and helpful. They should always model CHAMPS expectations.Members of the Safety Patrol must remain in good academic standing in all subject areas and model good behavioral choices. Discipline referrals will result in dismissal from safety patrol.
- Hallway monitoring
- Assisting students as they exit cars during arrival time
- Helping students get to class or designated areas without running
- Assisting/working cooperatively with adults in assigned areas (gym, cafeteria)
- Greeting families as they enter the building each morning
Duties begin promptly at 7:20 a.m. and end at 7:50 a.m. daily.
- You must wear an orange vest while on duty
- Leave your backpack in the designated area
- Be sure all vests are stored properly at the end of duty each morning
- Please DO NOT switch assignments without permission and ALWAYS stay at your assigned post