A: In the Zone – Technical
· Present a team-created story about the dangers faced by vehicles, told from the point of view of one or more vehicles.
· Design and build small vehicles that are able to reliably and accurately travel specific distances.
· Use at least three different power sources for the vehicles.
B: Wind Visible - Science
· Explore how the science of wind energy can be used to make kinetic art move.
· Design and create kinetic art that moves during the presentation.
· Create and present an original story that features an invisible visitor.
· Integrate wind energy research into the story.
C: In Disguise – Fine Arts
· Present a team-created story about a character that uses a disguise.
· Use only non-verbal theatrical techniques to present the story.
· Design and construct at least two masks that enhance the story.
D: Change in Realitee – Improvisational
· Create a 5-minute improvisational skit about life after a dramatic change and how the characters adapt to this change.
· Learn about different communication techniques and integrate one into the skit.
· Use only white t-shirts, washable markers and team members to create all costumes, sets and props.
· Create a slogan from three randomly selected nouns.
E: Twist-O-Rama – Structural
· Build a structure made entirely of glue and materials the team chooses from a list.
· Test the structure by placing weights on it, and by subjecting it to torque-inducing impacts.
· Produce a “bill of materials” listing the materials used in your structure, and provide samples of these materials.
· Produce a prop or costume made of all the materials used in the structure.
· Tell a story about something or someone that causes an unexpected twist or surprising change.
pO: Real to Reel – Service Learning
· Use collaborative problem solving tools to identify and select at least one real community need.
· Design and carry out a project to address the real community need
· Create a movie that documents the project
· Evaluate the project and prepare a thorough project review.
· Prepare for a live press conference.
RS: Roy G Biv – Early Learning
· Learn about the seven colors of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.
· Create a play about Roy G. Biv’s birthday party.
· Dress Roy G. Biv in all the colors of the rainbow, and dress the guests in their favorite colors.
· Have each guest bring a gift that is made mostly of the color they are wearing.