Who benefits from Adopt-A-School partnerships?
Students and teachers
- Benefit from the various external resources, from tutoring and enrichment to expanded learning opportunities and special recognitions
- Learn about the business world through first-hand experiences
- Become aware of career options and the skills required
- Gain a stronger feeling of the entire community
Business, industry and organizations
- Benefit by receiving better trained future employees
- Receive positive public relations throughout Denton ISD
- Obtain a strong participation and ownership in education
- Contribute personally to the quality of education in Denton ISD
- Gain recognition at the annual Adopt-A-School Appreciation Luncheon and throughout the year at the school’s various activities
Who can participate in the Adopt-A-School Program?
- Take pride in their company’s involvement because they can see first hand’ that they are making a difference
- Enjoy getting involved with the teachers and students
- Feel better about have a positive influence in the community and especially in a student’s life
- Large Companies: Banks, manufacturing plants, utility companies, retail stores, restaurants, etc.
- Small Companies: Real estate agencies, printing firms, medical practices, legal associations, building firms, design firms, retail stores, etc.
- Government Agencies: Fire departments, sheriff and police departments, post offices, military groups, emergency agencies, etc.
- Community Service Agencies: Service and volunteer agencies
- Service Clubs: Local men’s and women’s service and business clubs