About Our Department
The Denton ISD Counseling and Social Work Department (CSWD) supports campus level counselors and social workers by assisting families and students in removing barriers to academic, social, emotional and future success; advocates for the important role that the counselors and social workers play in the educational setting; and collaborates with community, families, district administration and campus staff in providing an ever improving comprehensive, developmental guidance and counseling program.
Denton ISD Counselors and Social Workers are. . .
"Be The Voice" is a district-wide theme of topics to be covered each month. These topics encourage students, families, and Denton ISD staff to use their voices in supporting one another to become engaged citizens who positively impact their local and global community.
- Learners who constantly work to improve their craft
- Supporters of students, families and staff who are attentive to all stakeholders’ needs
- Collaborators who work with fellow counselors, social workers and campus staff to problem solve
- Student advocates who believe every child can succeed
- Providers of a kind, patient heart; listening ears; calming presence, and clear, honest communication