Donated Technology Procedures
**All Technology devices must be purchased through district purchasing channels and will be delivered to DISD Technology for inventory and asset tagging. Once the items are inventoried, the hardware tech will deliver the equipment to the appropriate campus personnel.1212 N. Elm St.Denton, TX 76201
Device Acquisition Scenario 1 – Campuses purchase devices* through district purchasing channels
- Please contact your campus tech for a spreadsheet to purchase devices which will include appropriate management license for the device.
Device Acquisition Scenario 2 – PTA / Booster purchase
- PTA / Booster club will give funds to the campus
- Campus will go through district purchasing channels as in Scenario 1
Device Acquisition Scenario 3 – DonorsChoose, GoFundMe, grants or other donation websites
*Eligible Devices are:
- Can be used ONLY if funds can be transferred to campus and/or Denton Public School Foundation
- Campus and/or Foundation will go through DISD purchasing channels as in Scenario 1
DISD does not support consumer wireless devices such as routers, Apple TV, printers, ChromeCast, etc. There is reasoning for non-support of these devices: Personal devices such as wireless routers, AppleTVs, Chromecasts, wireless printers, etc. interfere with the DISD wireless infrastructure and pose a security risk within the DISD network and are not allowed. They broadcast their presence using one of the limited number of wireless channels available which causes performance issues and problems in the DISD wireless network.Gift Cards
- Windows / Android Tablets
- Other district standard hardware devices as seen here
Donations of iTunes, Google Play or Microsoft Store gift cards cannot be accepted due to the limitations we face as a school district. The money for apps must come from a district financial account that is registered with Apple, Google, or Microsoft which typically requires a purchase order and follows certain processes.