- Each semester of a class counts as .5 credit.
- If the semester average for the class is less than 70, you will not receive credit for that semester, and you will have to repeat that semester.
- Semester Averages are calculated as follows:
Average of both Quarters= 80% of the Semester Average
Semester Exam= 20% of the Semester Average
QTR 1 = 81
QTR 2= 92
Semester Exam= 75
Quarter Average 86.5 X .80 = 69.2 Semester Test 75 X .20= 15
69.5 +15= Semester Average 85
Grade Point Average
- A student's grade point average (GPA) is calculated on each semester of their 16 foundation courses in the core subjects of English, mathematics, science, social studies and world language.
- Each semester stands alone for a total of 32 semester courses to be averaged.
- No courses taken before the start of the freshman year count toward a student's GPA.
- Students who start math or world language at the middle school must take ADDITIONAL courses at the high school level to avoid the negative consequence of a zero being calculated in the GPA.
- Courses taken at the middle school count toward the student's graduation credits, but do NOT count on their GPA.
- Grades are calculated on a 4.0 scale with an additional point for honors, Pre-AP, AP, or dual credit college courses.
Grade Points Awarded:
Semester Average Regular Course Pre-AP/AP/Dual Credit
A 90 - 100 4 5
B 80 - 89 3 4
C 70 - 79 2 3
F Below 70 0 0