Credit by Exam
- You must obtain your counselor's approval before attempting to earn a credit outside of the normal class setting.
- There are limits to the number of courses that can be taken through alternate means. See the course catalog for details.
- There is a cost associated with each option. No financial aid is available
Many CBEs require work to be completed before the exam.See this website for more information on Texas Tech Exams: https://enroll.ttuisd.ttu.edu/catalog/Heading.asp?heading_id=223See this website for more information on UT Exams: http://www.utexas.edu/ce/k16/cbe-ea/study-guides/9-12/Correspondence CoursesCorrespondence Courses may be taken through Texas Tech online for either acceleration (you have never taken the course before) or retrieval (you have taken and failed the course previously.)
- Credit by Exam (CBE) is offered through Texas Tech or UT.
- CBEs can be used for recovery (You have taken and failed a course.) or acceleration (You have not taken the course before.)
- A grade of 80 or higher on the exam is necessary to earn the credit for either recovery or acceleration.
- Your grade on the exam will serve as your semester grade and will be calculated in the GPA.
- No STAAR subjects can be taken for acceleration.
- Contact your counselor for a registration form.
This website lists the courses available:
- You must get your counselor's approval before signing up for a course
- Cost is $180 per semester, plus you will have to buy your textbooks.
- You have six months from the date of enrollment in which to complete the class.
- If you need the class for graduation, you should plan to complete it no later than the end of April to ensure that you graduate on time.