Trustee since 2016
Doug Chadwick, an active community volunteer, has served in a variety of roles impacting education within Denton ISD limits for nearly 40 years, bringing a lifelong educational focus and wealth of knowledge to the Denton ISD Board of Trustees.
Mr. Chadwick spent 18 years focusing on the University of North Texas’ charitable endeavors, serving as the university’s director of planned giving from 1991 to 1996, when he became the UNT Foundation’s executive director. In that role, which he held until 2009, Mr. Chadwick managed endowment funds from donors as well as other special gifts that greatly benefited the university’s educational efforts.
Most pertinently to Denton ISD, Mr. Chadwick has served on the district’s committees for its 2007 and 2013 bond programs as well as the oversight committee for the 2013 bond. In these roles, Mr. Chadwick helped steer the needs of the district’s facilities and programs by determining what new infrastructure best advanced students.
Other educational experience by Mr. Chadwick includes administrative-related positions at Texas Woman’s University, East Texas State University (now Texas A&M University-Commerce), the University of Georgia and Miami University (of Ohio).
Mr. Chadwick and his wife, Nancy Murphy-Chadwick, reside in the Braswell High School attendance zone and are the parents of a Denton ISD graduate, Jennifer Chadwick Riley, who attended Wilson Elementary School, Strickland Middle School and Ryan High School.
Insights and Contributions
Beyond his educational-related career and endeavors, Mr. Chadwick has been instrumental in the Denton area community as a whole, serving on committees and boards for the Denton Parks Foundation, Kiwanis Club of Denton, North Texas Public Broadcasting and United Way of Denton County.
Mr. Chadwick has also helped serve the youth of Texas as a committee member on the Boy Scouts of America's Longhorn Council and the chair of the Denton Kiwanis Children's Clinic Trust Committee.
- Member and Past President, Kiwanis Club of Denton
- Chair, Denton Kiwanis Children’s Clinic Trust Committee
- Member, First United Methodist Church
- Member, Boy Scouts of America Longhorn Council District Committee
- Coordinator, Ryan High School Class of 2001 Grad Night
- Member, Denton ISD Citizens 2007 Bond Committee
- Member, Denton ISD Citizens 2013 Bond Committee
- Member, Denton ISD Citizens 2013 Bond Oversight Committee
- Past Chair, City of Denton Citizens Traffic Advisory Board
- Past Chair, Denton Parks Foundation
- Board Member (2010-15), North Texas Public Broadcasting (KERA)
- Past Chair, United Way of Denton County, Community Investment Team