DHS College Application Drive
Denton High School is excited to announce a College Application Drive, with support from the Miles Foundation (http://www.milesfdn.org/
), to encourage Senior Broncos to submit college applications as early as possible. Submitting college applications early provides two great benefits for students...
- Submitting applications early may improve the chances for admission to a university
- Submitting applications early can improve a student's consideration for financial aid to a university
In an effort to encourage students to submit college applications early, we are excited to announce a qualified drawing for seniors who complete and submit college applications by October 31, 2017. A student will be entered in to the drawing for each application they submit to a college or university (2 or 4 year). For example, if a student submits 3 applications by October 31, then they have 3 entries into the drawing.
The top prize for this drawing is a $500 scholarship. $1,000 in additional college-related prizes will also be distributed to selected students who meet the drawing eligibility criteria listed below.
To be eligible for the drawing, a student must complete the following steps...
- Complete and submit a college application to a 2- or 4-year college/university
- Update their Naviance account to reflect which applications have been submitted
- Formally request a transcript to be sent to the specific college/university via Naviance
The following 2 videos can help a student complete steps 2 & 3 from the list above...