Davis School Dress Code2017 -2018
All students at Davis School are held responsible to follow the Davis School dress code.
Administration has final say of the dress code
- Hair must be clean, controlled, and kept close to the head.
- Hair must be a natural color.
- No mohawks, spikes, or decorative designs.
- Cloth/elastic scrunchies & headbands must be black.
- No hair clips, hair fasteners or bobbie pins are allowed.
- Any extension, weave, wig or hair attachment may have to be removed.
- Do not change your hairstyle after one has been approved.
o Students will wear only white shirts free of logos, decoration, pictures or writing.
- Shirts may be short or long sleeved, crew neck, button down, or tee (no v-necks).
- Shirts must fit properly.
- Shirts will be tucked so that the waistband is revealed at all times.
- A fleece pullover sweatshirt, white or gray, may be worn for warmth over the white shirt. No hoodies, strings, or zippers are allowed on the sweatshirt.
o Students will wear plain blue jeans (not acid washed, faded, or bleached) fitted at the waist without a belt.
- Pants will be worn at the waist and fit properly (NO skin tight, sagging or dragging).
- Pant cuffs may not touch the floor when shoes are off.
- NO wide leg, skinny, or belled pants.
- Pants will be free of decorations (NO stripes, pictures or large writing).
- No gym shorts or leggings may be worn under the jeans.
o Students will wear white, black or gray socks (no other colors allowed)
o Students will wear white, black or gray athletic shoes (no other colors allowed)
o Student's clothing will be neat with no stains, rips, tears, or holes in clothing.
o Will not wear see-through or form fitting clothes.
o Underwear of any type (male or female) may not be visible above, beside, or through the clothing.
o Students may not have facial hair. Shaving is expected. No pointed sideburns.
o Clear nail polish may be worn, but nails may not extend beyond the fingertip.
o Students may not expose tattoos, hickeys, body markings, or intentional scarring.
o Students may not wear make-up that is judged distracting or inappropriate.
o Students may not wear jewelry (If jewelry is brought to school it will be confiscated).
o Students may not wear any type of head covering in the building or on buses.
o Bandanas and “rags” will not be permitted on school property.
o Any jacket or hoodie worn on the school bus to school will be removed upon entering the building.
- Any shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, or coats worn to and from school must avoid any gang representation.
o Students at Davis School will clear through a metal detector every morning.
o Purses and backpacks are not allowed at school.
o Do not bring cell phones, computers or any data device to Davis School
o Confiscated items may be picked up in the office by a parent during normal business hours (7:15 – 3:15)
o Davis School is not responsible for any loss or stolen items brought to school.
o No extra items of clothing items are permitted on the bus or at school.Updated 8.1.17