What is Adopt-A-School?
The Denton Adopt-A-School program is designed to bring business and education together. Through Adopt-A-School, you can enrich the school curriculum or help create new programs. You can recognize students and thank teachers. You can make a difference in the quality of education for Denton's children.
Your involvement is only limited by your imagination. Among other activities, you might:
- be a "pen pal" to one or more students
- help with science, math or history fairs
- talk to students about your own career
- sponsor after-school projects, field trips, or contests
- recognize outstanding students or staff
- donate equipment or supplies
- be a student's mentor
Who Benefits from Adopt-A-School?
STUDENTS & TEACHERS
- learn about the business world through first-hand experience with professionals
- become aware of career options and the skills required
- feel like they are part of the larger community
- benefit from many varied external resources
- gain on-site knowledge about our public school system
- contribute personally to the quality of education in Denton
- are recognized in Adopt-A-School literature, in our newsletter inserted in the Denton Chamber Action, through "Certificates of Adoption," and through our annual Appreciation Luncheon
- take pride in their company's involvement
- enjoy the opportunity to get involved themselves
What Is Your Commitment?
We want to be sure you adopt a school whose needs match what you have to offer. You will be asked to complete an "Adopter Survey." You may request a school, or you will be matched with a school based on your resources and its needs.
When you are matched with a school, you should assign a contact person from your business to interact with the school. Your Adopt-A-School coordinator will initiate and develop your company's involvement. The school will also assign a contact person to work with you.
Your Adopt-A-School partnership is a voluntary year-long commitment. It can be renewed annually. You may sponsor an entire school, or you may help a particular program or department.
How Do You Join?
To receive an Adopt-A-School packet and Adopter Survey, call Sharon Cox at (940) 369-0006 or contact Brant Weatherford, McMath's Adopt-A-School contact, at (940) 369-3388 or email@example.com