About Child Nutrition - NEW FOR PARENTS!! You are now able to set your own a la carte restrictions for your child/children if you so desire. As a parent, you may create an account even if you do not make pre-payments. The website address is www.parentonline.net. These restrictions apply to food and beverage purchases only.
Our mission is to provide healthy food choices before, during, and after school to support the nutrition needs of Denton ISD students. The information listed below is intended to help you become more familiar with our program and address some frequently asked questions. If, at any time, you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to speak to your child's cafeteria manager or contact the Child Nutrition office at 369-0270. Office hours are from 7:00am to 4:00pm.
- Menus - School menus are planned by a registered dietitian, and they meet or exceed all of the requirements under the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act. Moreover, we offer menu items that have a high degree of acceptance by students. Elementary menus are planned on a four-week rotating cycle. Middle and High school menus are planned restaurant-style. Menus and nutrition information are posted on our website. Water is available daily during meals at no charge. Menus are subject to change without notice.
- Meal Service - We offer both breakfast and lunch to all students in the district. Some schools have after-school programs where snacks are provided as well. Serving times vary slightly from school to school.
- Pre-Payment of Meals - Parents are encouraged to place money in their child's account to reduce the need for carrying cash, which can be lost or stolen. You may send a check or cash with your child, or you may pay online at www.parentonline.net. Please note that our cashiers will not accept bills greater than $20.00 from students.
- A La Carte Items - Many schools offer items not planned on the menu such as crackers and yogurt. These items are priced separately. If you do not want your child to use his/her money for these purchases, please visit www.parentonline.net to manage these restrictions.
- Charging Meals - When a paying student has charged the total value of a breakfast and lunch combined($3.85 for Elementary and $4.35 for Secondary), the student will be offered a cheese sandwich and carton of milk until the parent places money in the account. You may view your student's account balance by registering online at www.parentonline.net. During the month of May, we do not allow any charges.
On behalf of all Child Nutrition employees, thank you for the opportunity to serve your child.
Robin Wantland, MS, RD, RTSBA
Director of Child Nutrition Services
"The U.S Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis ofrace, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited basis will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)
"If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online here, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer."
Many of our pages use Adobe Reader, version 9.
You can download the FREE software at: http://get.adobe.com/reader/