Return to HeadlinesThe following Denton ISD students received awards at the PTA Reflections state meet in March:
Students receive 12 awards at state PTA Reflections meet
Denton ISD students received 12 awards for their art entries at the state PTA Reflections meet, with one entry moving on to the national competition.
PTA Reflections competitions are annually held at the local, state and national level, giving students with special needs an avenue to display their artistic talent in one of six categories: dance choreography, film production, literature, musical composition, photography and visual arts. The Denton Community Council of PTAs sent 27 district entries to the state level, 12 of which received honors at this level.
Nelson Elementary led the district with four state wins, one of which will advance to the national level – the special artist musical composition “First Rap Song” by first-grader Ezekiel Corona will be judged by the National PTA for a potential U.S. award. Ezekiel also led the district in terms of total state awards, coming away with three awards at the Texas PTA Reflections meet.
- Eli Agawu (Guyer High School), Award of Merit High School Musical Composition “Believe”
- Lorenzo Canizares (Bettye Myers Middle School), Award of Merit Middle Junior Film Production “A Castle Size Idea”
- Ayanna Corona (Nelson Elementary), Award of Merit Special Artist Dance Choreography “Lion Love”
- Ezekiel Corona (Nelson Elementary), Award of Excellence Special Artist Literature “Super Z”
- Ezekiel Corona (Nelson Elementary), Award of Excellence Special Artist Photography “Sister Pride”
- Ezekiel Corona (Nelson Elementary), Overall Award of Excellence Special Artist Musical Composition “First Rap Song”
- Kailyn Head (Pecan Creek Elementary), Honorable Mention Intermediate Literature “Dreams Do Come True”
- Aiden Lee (McNair Elementary), Award of Excellence Primary Musical Composition “Watercolor Expressions”
- Ryan Ogletree (E.P. Rayzor Elementary), Honorable Mention Primary Film Production “Desert Flight”
- Alexis Parker (Denton High School), Award of Merit High School Visual Arts “Cosmic Food Court”
- Bongkotchanok Puttithanasorn (Denton High Shool), Honorable Mention High School Photography “Imagination Ignites Passion”
- Konrad Sneed (Denton High School), Honorable Mention High School Literature “Release from Reality”
For more information about the state PTA Reflections meet, click here.