Welcome to Rodriguez Middle School
How to report a student’s absence:
1. It’s not required for you to call to report your child's absence for one to two days. Instead please email an excuse for your child to firstname.lastname@example.org or send in a note to the attendance office within 3 school days after a student returns to school. The excuse should include your child’s full name, grade, ID number, the reason for absence, date(s) of absence and should be signed.
2. Per district policies, we can only take 5 parent notes per semester
3. If your child is or will be absent five consecutive days due to illness or injury, a doctor’s note must be provided. Also, please notify and email your child’s teachers for missing assignments. For ongoing health issues, you will need to contact the attendance office, school nurse, and your student’s assistant principal.
What to do when you need to sign your student out of school:
1. We cannot release your student from campus without a parent/emergency contact coming into the school with their ID to sign out the student. A note must be provided. If, you have an older sibling that you want to pick up your student for an appointment please make sure that they are on the emergency contact list and are 18 yrs. of age. If they are not on the pick-up list you will need to email me authorization at email@example.com to release your child.
2. If your student went to the doctor, please get a note for the school from the facility to excuse his/her absence.