Information about graduation 2020 will be added in the spring.
Check the UNT Commencement website for venue details
including information on parking changes for 2019.General Information
- Concessions will be available for purchase.
- Flowers will be available for purchase.
- Seat saving is allowed up until 10 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
Traffic and Parking
- Balloons, beach balls, silly string, bubbles, glitter, frisbees
- Confetti/confetti cannons
- Laser pointers
- Weapons of any kind
- Tripods/monopods/selfie sticks
- Artificial noisemakers (air horns, bullhorns, whistles, etc.)
- Smoking and the use of chewing tobacco inside or outside the UNT Coliseum. The University of North Texas is a tobacco-free campus.
- Non-service animals
- Guests carpooling as much as possible is strongly encouraged.
- Allow for extra time to park and walk some distance from your car to your ceremony.
- Don't rely on your GPS to direct you to graduation parking at UNT this spring. Instead, plan to take the North Texas Boulevard Exit to access campus from I-35.
- Follow signage and the instructions of the officers you encounter when you arrive on campus.
- Parking on campus will not require a permit during the high school/NCTC graduations but handicapped parking and no parking in fire lanes will be enforced.
- Graduates and guests will park in Lot 20 around Fouts Field until it is full and then will be directed to Lots 36, 37, 39, 40 and 41
- Graduates and guests with special needs will park in Lot 27 or the Highland Street Garage. Follow the "Special Needs" signs to be directed to the first available special needs parking spaces. Shuttles for special needs guests will be provided for those directed to park at the Highland Street Garage to take them to the Coliseum.
Go north on I-35 East to Denton. Exit number 466B toward North Texas Boulevard. Turn right onto North Texas Boulevard. Once past Eagle Drive, the Coliseum will be on the right.
From Fort Worth:
Go north on I-35 West to Denton. Follow I-35/Dallas signs. Exit number 466B toward North Texas Boulevard. Turn left onto North Texas Boulevard. Once past Eagle Drive, the Coliseum will be on the right.
From DFW Airport:
Take airport tollway north to TX-121. Exit east on TX-121 and continue to Lewisville to I-35 East. Turn left from TX-121 to I-35E going north. Continue on I-35E into Denton and exit number 466B toward North Texas Boulevard. Turn right onto North Texas Boulevard. Once past Eagle Drive, the Coliseum will be on the right.
Go south on I-35 East to Denton. Exit number 466B toward North Texas Boulevard, and then turn left onto North Texas Boulevard. Once past Eagle Drive, the Coliseum is on the right.
Click the links for more information.
UNT Coliseum website
UNT Coliseum Twitter feed