More details about graduation 2020
will be added later this spring.
RHS Graduation 2020
May 21 at 7:30 PM
Check the UNT Commencement website for venue
details including information on parking changes.
- NEW - Clear Bag Policy
- The Coliseum will be implementing a Clear Bag Policy for the 2020 commencement ceremonies.
- Please see the attached flyer for further information.
- Entering the Coliseum (601 North Texas Boulevard)
- Graduates – The West Tunnel will open 1 hour prior to ceremony start time
- Guests – Doors will open 1 hour prior to ceremony start time
- Only Gates A, B, D & G will be available for entrance
- Exiting the Coliseum
- Graduates – will participate in a recessional and exit the Coliseum through the South Tunnel
- Guests – will be asked to meet their graduate outside of the Coliseum at the conclusion of the ceremony
- General parking will be available in all lots surrounding the Coliseum. A Parking and Traffic map will be distributed as we get closer to commencement season.
- Accessible parking will be available in Lot 27 on the east side of the Coliseum, at the corner of Highland Street and Avenue D.
- A drop-off area is located on the east side of the Coliseum, off Avenue D.
- Gates A & B on the east side of the Coliseum are street-level, which means there are no steps to navigate.
- The Coliseum will no longer allow seat saving. Commencement seating for families is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There are no reserved seats, except for the graduates and special commencement guests invited by the school districts.
- Accessible seating is available along the top rows of the lower seating area. These areas are designated as such.
- To allow viewing of all guests, please refrain from leaving your seat to take pictures or video.
- Concessions/Flower Sales
- Outside food and drinks will be prohibited.
- Limited concessions will be available for all ceremonies.
- Flowers will be available for purchase at all ceremonies.
- Prohibited Items
- Balloons, beach balls, silly string, bubbles, glitter, frisbees
- Confetti/confetti cannons
- Laser pointers
- Weapons of any kind
- Tripods/monopods/selfie sticks
- Artificial noisemakers (air horns, bullhorns, whistles, etc.)
- Smoking and the use of chewing tobacco inside or outside the UNT Coliseum. The University of North Texas is a tobacco-free campus.
- Non-service animals
- Strollers are permitted for younger children. As a safety measure, these are not allowed in the seating area.
- Lost & Found
- Contact the Coliseum office at 940-565-2557
- 601 North Texas Boulevard, Suite 130
- Further information can be found at the links below
UNT Coliseum website
UNT Coliseum Twitter feed
- NEW - Clear Bag Policy
Last Modified on February 11, 2020