Why is ROX needed for our RMS Girls?
A survey was created specifically for female students at RMS to help us better understand their needs. The survey results below are based on responses from 255 female students in grades 6th through 8th:
- 44% of students reported that they have been bullied or made fun of on social media.
- 48% of students reported that they have accepted a friend request from someone that they don’t know online.
- 62% of students reported that they believe teens their age send sexually explicit texts and photos to others in order to keep a relationship.
- 18% of students report that they feel pressure to send sexually explicit texts and photos to others to keep a relationship.
- 32% of students report that they will delete posts if they do not receive enough likes.
- 71% of girls reported feeling anxious a lot of the time.
- 49% of students reported that girls their age are embarrassed to be smart.
- 33% felt as though boys are encouraged more in subjects like math and science than females.
- Over 50% reported that they believed certain jobs were better suited for men.
- When asked what our girls biggest challenges were, 31% reported school, 26% reported self-image and self-confidence and 17% reported relationship issues.