ROX is the national non-profit leader in programming, research and education focused on girls.
ROX trains and licenses school counselors, social workers and educators to deliver a 20-week evidence-based program in schools with girls. ROX is implemented as a co-curricular activity and equips girls with skills to negotiate the challenges they will face during their adolescent years
To support that movement, ROX has made strides in increasing awareness and sharing our work with individuals, schools, families and community organizations across the country. For example, this year ROX has:
- Delivered programming in more than 150 schools and community organizations throughout nine states.
- Provided 20-weeks of evidence-based empowerment programming to more than 2,500 girls.
- Trained nearly 5,000 educators, counselors and parents on the developmental, educational, health, academic and interpersonal issues facing girls.
- Conducted and published a national research study called ‘The Girls’ Index’ which gives insight to a deeper understanding of the thoughts, experiences, perceptions, beliefs, behaviors and attitudes of nearly 11,000 teen girls throughout the United States.
Through ROX, we have the opportunity to help the social, emotional, academic, and career development of students with a program that has demonstrated outcomes and that girls love being a part of. However, in order to secure the future of the ROX program we need the support of our community members, leaders and businesses.
The ROX implementation fee includes ongoing program support, including: one-on-one coaching sessions with an expert ROX coach; assistance with evaluation & reporting; program scheduling; alignment with school goals, metrics and standards; increasing parent & staff involvement; funding and sustainability. The ROX implementation fee of $75 per girl is inclusive of:
- One-on-one coaching sessions with an expert ROX coach
- Ongoing professional development from ROX
- Access to ROX online portal of lessons, activities and resources
- All ROX materials and supplies for each ROX girl (T-shirts, water bottles, folders, etc.)
If you would like to help support our ROX program here at Rodriguez Middle School, please contact Jennifer Cheek at (972) 347-7015 or by email at email@example.com.