In accordance with CDC and the Denton County Health guidelines, the goal is to reduce the spread of the pandemic by taking the necessary preventive actions, therefore, Denton ISD is currently not accepting classroom/group observations and student observations/early field experience for the Fall 2021 semester. We will continue to reevaluate this decision at the end of the semester depending on the state of the pandemic.
Denton ISD Welcomes Clinical Teachers and Early Field Experience Applicants During the Fall and Spring Semesters!
All clinical teachers and early field experience applicants must complete an online application to be considered for placements with Denton ISD. A criminal background check is processed by the Human Resources Department. Please note that this process can take up to two weeks from date of submission, in which once identified as CLEARED, you will be notified by the deparment or your program coordinator that your background and placement has been completed and confirmed.
Applicants are not allowed to enter a campus without proper background clearance.
Please click on the topics below to learn about application deadlines:
Group Course Observations *CLOSED FOR FALL 2021*
Counseling & Social Work
Early Field Experience/Student Observations *CLOSED FOR FALL 2021*
Student Clinical Teaching
UNT PDS Placements
PHASE 1: STUDENT COMPLETES THE ONLINE APPLICATION
* The student must fill out the background application.
* Once the application has been submitted, the student will immediately receive an email confirmation of submission. This email must be forwarded to their university/program coordinator.
PHASE 2: UNIVERSITY/PROGRAM COORDINATOR'S PROCESS
* Once the student's email confirmation has been forwarded to you (the university/program coordinator), you must attach the email forwarded along with the approval letter indicating the following information:
- Applicant's first and last name
- Description of the assignment
- Certification grade level
- Certification subject/area
- Total of hours required
* The university/program coordinator will forward both these documents for processing to Denton ISD's Human Resources Specialist, Sulieng Contreras.
PHASE 3: CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
* Once the university/program coordinator has forwarded the email confirmation and approved letter, it will be reviewed and processed by Human Resources.
* The background check can take up to two weeks to complete.
* Once the background check has been CLEARED, your university/program coordinator will be notified by the Human Resources department that your background and placement has been completed and confirmed.