Counseling Curriculum1) Kimochis
Meet the Kimochis® characters
Each Kimochis® character has a unique temperament and personality just like the children in your school. The characters provide:
• Educators a playful and safe way to recognize and honor a child’s temperament and personality to ensure the best possible social and emotional development for the child.
• Children a way to learn tolerance, patience, empathy, and acceptance for self and others which is especially useful in full inclusion classrooms.
• Children and adults a powerful and safe third-party to help communicate true feelings.2) Travis & Presley CurriculumWe encourage friendly behavior for all of our students. We use the Travis and Presley Curriculum to support teaching friendly behaviors to your child. Topics addressed in the Travis and Presley Curriculum are: Respecting Others, Share and Take Turns, Please and Thank You, Be Polite, Good Teamwork, and It’s OK to be Different.3) Character Counts for Early ChildhoodWe also focus on building positive character traits in our students. Every 9 weeks we focus on one positive character trait where these traits are encouraged and rewarded. We will be using the Character Counts for Early Childhood Curriculum.Trustworthiness- August & SeptemberRespect - October & NovemberResponsibility - November & DecemberFairness - January & FebruaryCaring - February through AprilCitizenship - April & May4) Bucket Filling from A to ZBucket Filling from A to Z uses the letters of the alphabet to help young and old see the many, simple ways that they can fill buckets and fill their own buckets in return. When you help children become bucket fillers, you give them the key to happiness...for it is in friendship, love, and good will to others that we are truly happy. Yes, bucket filling is the moment by moment choice to be kind and caring. Teaching and encouraging children to be bucket fillers is one of the greatest gifts you can give to them.5) The Energy Bus for Kids: A Story About Staying Positive and Overcoming Challenges by Jon GordonThe Energy Bus shows children how to overcome negativity, bullies and everyday challenges to be their best. The Energy Bus For Kids is a story that will teach kids how to find their inner motivation and pass on that positive energy to others.
- The Energy Bus For Kids presents five rules for the "Ride of Your Life"
- Teaches kids how to fuel your ride with positive energy
- Shares with kids how to love the people you share your journey with and how to enjoy the ride
Positive kids become positive adults. So get kids on the Energy Bus and infuse their lives with a newfound vision, attitude, and positivity.