Guyer Girls Track & Field Parent Meeting
Thursday, January 18th, 2018 - Guyer Lecture Hall (in the mail school building)
Link to Printable Agenda/Talking Points: TBA
*Introductions* Coach Hardesty, Coach Keese, Coach Ponsonby, Coach Ray, Coach Floyd,
Coach Eddy & Coach Hayes
- Meet Schedule, Specific Meet Info, Athlete Handbook, Gear, etc.
- Expectations/Handbook (need back page signed & returned)
- Rank One Paperwork Link (must be cleared to participate)
*Weekly Practice Schedule*
- 5th block girls (with exception of specialty events) – usually finished by 4:30-4:45pm
- After school girls – usually finished by 5:15-5:30pm
- Finished means they have completed the required workout, cool down, stretching, etc.
Weather, etc could change plans.
*Practice/Meet Attendance Rules*
- Missed practice w/ no prior communication: 40 WW’s & ineligible for the next track meet.
- Missed practice with prior communication: 20 WW’s & eligible for the track meet (up to 3)
*After 3 missed practices, any following missed practice will result in being ineligible
for the next meet.
- Practice Tardy: 10 Wildcat Warriors
- Weight Room Tardy: Walking Lunges for Time (Coach Hayes Policy for all sports)
- Missed meet: If you miss a meet, you are ineligible for the following track meet (minus
extenuating circumstances, injury, a Guyer event, or sickness with a doctor’s note).
*Saturday Practices (Lifts)*
- 3 Saturday Lifts: Feb 10th, Feb 24th, March 24th
- Lift/Practice time will be either 8-9am, 9-10am, or 10-11am
*Spring Break Practice & Meet*
- We will practice Wed 3/14, Thurs 3/15, & Fri 3/16
- We will have a regular track meet @ Eaton High School Saturday, March 17th
- Practice times will be announced as we get closer to the break – will be in the morning
*Additional Holiday or Changed Practices*
- Monday, Feb 19th: No School - 8 or 9am Practice (will confirm time on Google Calendar)
- Monday, March 5th: 7 AM practice due to Middle School Meet that afternoon @ Guyer
- Monday, March 19th: No School - 8 or 9am Practice (will confirm time on Google Calendar)
- Friday, March 30th: No School - 8 or 9am LIFT only (will confirm time on Google Calendar)
- Please see the Guyer Girls Track Website under the season expectations tab.
- All athletes & parents need to sign & return the final page of the expectations
- Rank One Paperwork must also be completed before athletes can compete.
- Covers Painting with a Twist (back in December), Game-On Party, Pre-District Team Dinner,
Banquet Ticket, Booster Club Membership, & the remaining $ goes towards Fundraising for
our team tent, etc.
- Please see Coach Keese after the meeting to determine your remaining balance
* Team Building Opportunities/Goals Remaining*
- Team Party @ Game On: Friday, Feb 2nd
*Attached waiver must be filled out & returned; entry is paid for through team fee
- Monthly Team dinners at an athlete's house (pot luck)
- Pre-District Team Dinner (paid through team fee)
* Food @ Meets*
- $50 upfront payment: Includes a Meal & Water bottle at all 8 meets
- Cash or Checks made payable to Guyer Girls Track
- This payment can be combined in one check with the Team Fee
* Spirit Wear/Required Gear via Athletic Supply’s Online Team Portal*
- Please Visit the Girls Track Gear page on the website for links & more information
- All orders are Due Saturday, January 21st by 11:59pm
*End of Season Banquet*
- Wednesday, May 16th @ Robson Ranch
- Please Contact Mrs. Winder if you'd like to be on the Banquet Committee: Kwinder@independencetitle.com
*Parent Support Still Needed*
- Volunteer to Work Track Meets (hospitality room, concession stand, gate, etc.)
- Sponsors still needed for our Guyer Track Meet (medals, hospitality room, etc.)
- Please see our trainers at Guyer before scheduling a doctor’s appointment for any injuries.
- Athletes: Parents:
*Enter the number: 81010 *Enter the number: 81010
*Text this message: @2bkh4b *Text this message: @dg27dg