Word 2016 document recovery automatically saves your documents so you can recover the last word document you worked on.
To recover an unsaved document or view AutoSaved versions of your current document:
- Open Word 2016
- Click the File Tab
- In Backstage View, choose Info
The Auto Save feature is set to auto save your document every 10 minutes
- In the Versions area, click Manage Versions
- Click Recover Unsaved Documents to recover draft versions or unsaved files
- Click on the file you want to recover to highlight it
- Click OK
- Click the Save As button at the top of the document and you will be able to name the file and save it to the location of your choice.