Become A Mentor
Becoming a Denton ISD Mentor is easy! Just commit to:
- Complete the mentor application
- Complete and pass the volunteer background check
- Attend a district mentor training
- Report your mentor hours
- Keep all student information private and confidential
- Meet with your mentee at the designated time and location each week for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Notify the campus mentor contact whenever you are unable to make a session so that a mentee is not left waiting for their mentor to arrive
Where are mentors needed?
Mentors are needed all 42 of Denton ISD’s schools. We will work with you to place you at a location that is convenient for you in terms of geographic location, as well as to find the perfect mentee match based on grade level and area of need (i.e. reading, academics, social/emotional).
Let’s Get Started!Click here to complete the online application. For more information, contact:Courtney MartinCommunity Engagement Specialist940-369-0146