What is CPW?
- Welcome to Career Pathways (CPW) of North Texas Adult Education & Literacy (NTAEL). In addition to English as a Second Language (ESL) and High School Equivalency (HSE) classes, NTAEL offers integrated solutions through partnerships with Texas employers, colleges and other literacy providers to offer career pathway opportunities to help with your overall self-sustainability. There are 4 components to Career Pathways:
- Integrated Education & Trainings (IETs): In partnership with Texas employers and other programs, students attend adult education classes to gain workforce skills toward the entry level career they have chosen. Students gain a certification in a growing Texas job at low to no tuition cost!
- Integrated EL Civics: ESL classes with a civics component is best for students seeking to expand their knowledge on the rights and responsibilities of citizenship and civic participation.
- Intensive Models:
- Workplace Literacy: Texas employers’ site-based adult education classes teach the skills needed to be successful in current jobs while creating opportunities for advancement. Learn adult basic education and English skills while working with your employer.
- ESL for Professionals: ESL-P classes with a career focused component are designed for students with degrees from another country as well as English learners looking to polish their career and technology skills.
So why choose Career Pathways as your career choice? You will be able to choose from one of the growing opportunities available in Texas Workforce at low or no cost. Depending upon program partnerships, many students gain employment as they exit from our courses. We partner with local employers who’s products and services are in high demand. Dedicated students entering the job market with training and certification or license, are better able to obtain higher paying jobs and provide family stability. Our Career Pathways classes are always changing please see our current offerings below for more information.