21-22 Health Protocols
Please see the district’s full COVID health protocols at https://www.dentonisd.org/Page/101909 . Here are the protocols we will emphasize on campus:
- Currently, Denton ISD is recommending that a face covering or mask is worn inside the Denton ISD facilities where social distancing is not possible, for your protection and the protection of others.
- Staff will help students practice how to walk in a line, or stand in line, socially distanced. While keeping students 3-6 feet away from each other all day is not always possible every minute in an elementary setting, social distancing is used whenever possible in classrooms, while still ensuring all students are participaing in their learning, fully engaged in all activities and discussions with their peers and teachers.
- Hand-washing and hand sanitizing will take place several times each day, such as before/after recess, lunch, bathroom use, and more.
- Reduced seating at lunchroom tables will continue to be used so students are distanced as much as possible while they eat. Tables and seats are distanced as much as possible as well. Students sit at tables with their classmates.
- Students will wipe their learning areas during the day to keep their desk area clean.
- Custodians will continue increased cleaning routines throughout the day & evenings to ensure proper disinfecting and sanitizing in all areas of the building. Each cafeteria table is sanitized in between each grade level's lunch time.
- Hand sanitizing stations will remain set up at all arrival entrances to the building.
- Individual math kits are also being provided so manipulatives aren’t shared when possible.
- General school supplies, such as crayons, notebooks, pencils, etc, will not be shared by students. Each student will keep their supplies in individual bins and/or cubbies.
- Events, such as Meet the Teacher or assemblies, may be staggered in groups to minimize close contact with large groups. Student assemblies will be scheduled for only 1 or 2 grade levels at a time in order to allow for students to distance as much as possible. Classroom parties may be staggered by hallway or grade level as well.
- Students in Art, Music, and Library are seated by their homeroom classmates (similar to lunch) to keep them with their class cohorts as much as possible.
- Our PTA has provided two hands-free water bottle filling stations. Water bottles are highly encouraged to reduce the amount of touching on water fountain buttons.
- Any student who has a fever, and suspected symptoms of covid, strep, or flu will be brought to the nurse's office to isolate while supervised by a staff member, and the guardian will be contacted to pick up the child.
- If we receive a lab-confirmed positive test regarding a student or staff member, we will send home a notification email to parents of that grade level. We will send a second, more detailed notification (either email or phone call) to parents of students determined to have possibly been in close contact with the person.