What is Fred Moore High School?
Fred Moore High School is the district's 1:1 computing school of choice that offers a self-paced curriculum using varied online learning formats. Because we are a stand alone high school, like the traditional campuses, we offer high educational standards and the same graduate diploma options required by the Texas Education Agency. FMHS graduates are prepared to matriculate into the nation's best accredited colleges and universities immediately after graduation and often as early graduates and/or having earned high acdemic accolades.
Students who choose Fred Moore High School find they are most successful when they are motivated to obtain their postsecondary goals, but need a smaller setting in order to thrive.
Teachers at FMHS are highly qualified in their fields of instruction. They deliver rigorous coursework with self-paced instruction that builds character based on student strengths, and fosters critical thinking. More importantly, the entire Fred Moore High School staff is caring, compassionate, and focused on the individual needs and success of our students.
We also offer:
- Early graduation option - two graduation ceremonies per year (Fall & Spring at the University of North Texas)
- Recommended and distinguished diplomas accepted at ALL accredited colleges and universities
- Flexible scheduling
- Strengths-based assessment and focus
- 1:1 Mentoring program in collaboration with UNT's High School Career Connect Department
- College & Career Center (STAAR/ACT/SAT/TSI/ASVAB prep, resume writing, application support for jobs, colleges, & FAFSA)
- Clubs & organizations
- Field Trips promoting STEM enrichment, cultural awareness, and college/career readiness
- Attendance incentives
- Scholarships (based on academics, service, and leadership)