We look forward to welcoming your student to school, albeit remotely, on August 26th. As we prepare to work with your student(s) through our remote learning platforms we wanted to share some important information:
1. Your student should plan to login to the Canvas learning platform on the morning of August 26th. We encourage you to visit https://www.dentonisd.org/Page/102268 and go through the Digital Preparation Checklist to ensure they prepared to begin the first day of school.
2. Your student will be able to access videos and lessons uploaded by their teachers to begin their learning for this school year.
3. Your student is required to log-in to the learning platform each day to review lessons, videos and submit their assignments for each class.
4. Most class activities during the Remote Learning period (August 26 - September 4) will be asynchronous (not “real time”). If synchronous instruction is planned, teachers will notify students in Canvas.
5. If your student is unable to login to Canvas, they may reach out to their teacher via email for their assignments.
6. Teachers will keep the Canvas platforms up to date with announcements and assignments. This is the best way to stay updated with your teacher.
7. A Parent Education Support Hotline is available to Denton ISD parents beginning Wednesday August 26 through September 4. The times will be 9 am until 7 pm. Parents may receive assistance on a variety of issues such as Canvas, log-in issues, attendance, transportation, meal service, safety protocol, etc. Keep this number handy for your use: 940-369-0545.
We look forward to starting the 2020-2021 school year at THE Denton High School!