· Students can be dropped off via the back cafeteria entrance from 7:10 a.m. until 7:40 a.m. Please make every attempt to drop your student off prior to 7:0 a.m. The first bell to release students to class rings at 7:30 a.m. School starts promptly at 7:40 a.m. with daily morning work and morning announcements. Any child arriving after 7:40 will be counted tardy. Start your child’s day off on a good note! Please be on time!
· Early students will be directed to the cafeteria or gym for supervision. Breakfast is served from 7:10-7:40 a.m. You may walk your child to breakfast, but parking at the back of the school will be at a minimum.
· Students can be dropped off at the front of the building beginning at 7:30 AM. Please follow the directions of the staff members on duty. Students are to be dropped off in the lane in front of the school. Please DO NOT drop off kids in the parking lot and have them run across the car lane.
· Do not park (leave car unattended) in ANY drive marked with RED fire lane.
· Follow all directions on the traffic signs in the circle drop off lane. There will only be ONE drop off lane. Pull to the red stop sign and release your children from the passenger side of the car.
· Parents wishing to walk children to class can park at the front parking lot of the building and walk their child to class. Remember that there will be limited parking at the front. You may want to consider parking on the street and walking up to the building. The front door to the school will open at the first bell (7:40 a.m.). If you arrive early, you will have to either wait on the front porch or in the front foyer.
· Parents are asked to leave students at the classroom door with the teacher. Allow them put to up their own backpacks and other items.
· The fastest way to pick up your child is to go through the back drive with your car tag number hanging from the rear view mirror. For people arriving at 3:00, the wait should be less than 15 minutes. Please follow the directions posted on the red traffic signs.
· If your child is a car rider, they must be picked up at the curb by the parent in the car. A parent will not be allowed to walk up and pick up their child from the back door. This only slows down our process. Please stay in your car. It works best!
· Please do not go to the classrooms to pick up your child at dismissal time.
· Please do not park in the front or back lot and ask your child to be a “walker.” If your child is being picked up by car, please stay in the pickup line.
· On days you need to change the way your child goes home, send a note to your child’s teacher. If plans change during the day, YOU MUST CONTACT THE FRONT OFFICE AT 972-347-7400 with the change by 1:30 p.m. DO NOT EMAIL OR CALL THE TEACHER WITH THIS INFORMATION. Some teachers do not check email or phone messages until after the school day has ended and in the event there is a substitute teacher in your child’s classroom they do not have access to email or voice mail.
· Do not leave cars unattended in the front drive. It is a fire lane and the police and fire department have issued tickets to offenders, plus this hampers our dismissal procedure.
· All children need to be picked up by 3:15 p.m. .
· All cars must display the official Savannah car tag in a visible area of the front windshield. Students will not be released to cars if the car tag is not visible.