Denton Technology Service DeskThe Service Desk provides hardware, software, and network support for the district. One of the great resources available to the Service Desk is the ability to remote any computer on the network to diagnose and repair issues, install software and/or updates, and provide training when necessary. In addition to providing support, the Service Desk maintains district staff accounts such as network, email, and phone/voice mail accounts We also create and maintain the district's network printers as well as oversee the district trouble ticketing system, Ivanti (HEAT).Did you know Denton ISD supports and maintains:Infrastructure
- 450 + software applications for the district to use, with over half of those programs available for delivery over the network directly to your machine through the Software Center.
- 13,000 computers, 4000 iPad, 1,600 tablets and 20,000 Chromebooks.
- 4,400 Cisco IP Phones and Voicemail accounts
- 2,300 Networked printers
- 100 miles of fiber optic network cable
- 1,000 + switches and routers across Denton ISD
- 2,500 + access points across Denton ISD
- 1,000 IP security cameras across the district
- District Announcements / Morning Announcements / Video Broadcasts
- Google and Microsoft Suite of collaboration tools for both students and staff
- Incident Ticketing System for Technology and Operations with SPED coming online soon
- Internet Security Compliance for HIPPA, FERPA, CIPA, and COPPA
- Network Printers / Print Cost Management utilizing Paper Cut
- Software and App Delivery utilizing SCCM
- Voice mail support / 911 Emergency Routing / Caller ID / Time of Day Routing
- Wi-Fi for students and staff / public Wi-Fi access
- Online Testing Environment
- Single Sign-On Portal / Account, Resource and Textbook Provisioning
The Service Desk can be contacted at 1234 using a district phone.