We will work collaboratively to ensure high levels of learning for ALL students, while inspiring and empowering them to become safe, respectful, and caring learners.
We believe that our capacity to function as a Professional Learning Community is the foundation for achieving the mission of Blanton Elementary. We envision a school in which staff:
- Collaborate to achieve a common purpose and clear goals
- Seek and implement research-based practices for improving student achievement
- Monitor each student’s progress on a continuous basis
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to provide a nurturing learning environment and a willingness to do whatever it takes to promote student success.
- We will develop relationships with students as the foundation for learning
- We will use data analysis to target specific areas of need
- We will utilize the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) along with Denton ISD Scope and Sequence to align instruction
- We will engage in research-based staff development opportunities
- We will ensure continuous student improvement through the use of a variety of formative assessment tools
- We will meet individual needs by thinking “out of the box” and doing whatever it takes for every child
- We will enjoy the journey!
Strengthening our CommunityBlanton Elementary School