- Create subject-specific blogs by adding Blog Pages
- Publish blog postings without technical know-how or additional editing/file transfer software. Post visitor comments while retaining control through approval.
- Catalog your blogs automatically by month posted and by recent postings.
- Share updates with visitors through RSS (web feed) technology by feeding postings to newsreader software or portal websites.
What Can I do with Blog? (short for Web log):
Examples:Kathleen Carrino, English - Ryan HSToni Smith, English - McMath MSLibrary - Harpool MS (book suggestions)What's on your mind? 3rd Grade Blog - EP Rayzorbe sure to check out the postings by monthResources:Start with some rules....Bloggers Code of Ethics (Originally from the Forrester Best Practices report, Blogging: Bubble Or Big Deal: When And How Businesses Should Use Blogs.)
- Promote literacy by encouraging reading and writing.
- Provide immediate feedback.
- Facilitate cooperative learning activities.
- Create a forum for students to express themselves while still retaining control.
- Improve and promote communications with parents and the community.
- I will tell the truth.
- I will write deliberately and with accuracy.
- I will acknowledge and correct mistakes promptly.
- I will preserve the original post, using notations to show where I have made changes so as to maintain the integrity of my publishing.
- I will never delete a post.
- I will not delete comments unless they are spam or off-topic.
- I will reply to emails and comments when appropriate, and do so promptly.
- I will strive for high quality with every post – including basic spellchecking.
- I will stay on topic.
- I will disagree with other opinions respectfully.
- I will link to online references and original source materials directly.
- I will disclose conflicts of interest.
I will keep private issues and topics private, since discussing private issues would jeopardize my personal and work relationships.
Last Modified on January 12, 2009