Sometimes it is easier and quicker for you to solve some of the simple issues you may run into, before submitting a HEAT ticket on an issue with an application. You should never be afraid to submit a HEAT ticket, however! In fact, it can be of great assistance to the district technician if they already know the basic troubleshooting actions have occurred. Here are some basic tips to help you troubleshoot your own apps in case a district technician is unavailable at the requested time of assistance.An app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open
Learn what to do if you see one of these issues with an app you downloaded from the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- The app unexpectedly quits
- The app stops responding
- You can’t open the app
Follow the steps below and test the app after each step:
- Restart the app - Close the app and open it again.
- Restart your device - Turn the device off and on.
- Update your device software and your apps - Update your device to the latest version of iOS.
- Update your apps:
- Open the App Store and tap Updates.
- If updates are available, tap Update All.
- If asked, enter your Apple ID password. The updates will download and install.
Note: You might need a Wi-Fi connection to update some apps.
- Install another app from the App Store - If your installed app won't open, download and install a free app that isn't on your iOS device. This should reset your Apple ID authorization. Remember to use the same Apple ID that you used to download the app that you're having issues with.
- Reinstall the app - Remove the app from your device and reinstall it. Remember that deleting an app also deletes its data.
- Delete the app
- Press the Home button.
- Go to the App Store and download the app again.
- Wait for the app to download, then open it from the Home screen.
Note: If the download stops, you can resume it.
- Contact the developer - If you see the issue again, contact the developer of the app for help:
- Find the app in the App Store.
- Tap the app and tap Reviews.
- Tap App Support.
Information taken from: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1702