McMath Middle School
Empowering Lifelong Learners
- McMath Middle School
2021-2022 McMath Safety Protocols
Click here the Denton ISD Health /Safety Protocols for the 2021-2022 School Year.
Here are the protocols we will emphasize on campus:
Following the advice of officials at Denton County Health Services and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) beginning Thursday, Aug. 26, face coverings or masks will be required for students, employees and visitors inside all Denton ISD buildings where physical distancing is not possible.
- Reduced seating at lunchroom tables will continue to be used.
- Students will be encouraged to maintain social distancing while moving class to class as much as possible.
- Custodians will continue increased cleaning routines throughout the day & evenings to ensure proper disinfecting and sanitizing in all areas of the building.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be in each hall and each entrance and other high traffic areas and expected to be used by students and staff.
- Lockers will not be used this year.
- Students will be allowed to carry backpacks from class to class.
- Cell phones must be stored in backpacks and turned off and out of sight.
- Students will be able to use the restroom during passing periods, during class time, and during lunches.
- Only 2 kids will be allowed to use the restroom at a time.
- Students will hang their ID and lanyard on hooks outside the restroom before they go in to the restroom.
- Students will have to wait to enter if 2 students are in the restroom
- Dismissal may be staggered with walkers and car riders being dismissed first and bus riders being dismissed second.
- Events, such as Meet the Teacher, assemblies, or family engagement nights may be staggered in groups to minimize close contact with large groups.
- Any student who has a fever, and suspected symptoms of covid, strep, or flu will be brought to the nurse's office to isolate while supervised by a staff member, and the guardian will be contacted to pick up the child.
- Safety Protocols are subject to change.