Conflict vs Bullying
The Difference between Conflict and Bullying
Conflict occurs when there has been hurt feelings due to a miscommunication/misinterpretation (or no communication) in a friendship (very common).
Bullying occurs when a situation is one sided and unfair and someone keeps hurting, frightening, threatening or leaving someone out on purpose.
· Mean because feelings are hurt
· Power and Control in a friendship
· May need help to work it out
· Positive result
· Use your "I" messages (4 step plan)
· NOT friends
· Mean just because to be MEAN
· Power and Control
· Can’t work it out
Both Bullying and Conflict involve anger, shock, fear, confusion and overall bad feelings. Therefore it can be difficult for students to determine what has happened and then fix it. They may need an adult’s help.